A friend was visiting yesterday and I served this dip with crackers and corn chips. It was two days old and was even better than when I first made it! We were very impressed; no added mixes with questionable ingredients, and organic ingredients to up the nutrient value. She requested the recipe, so I decided to share it with you.
2 tbsp. olive oil or liquid coconut oil
1 ½ cups diced organic onions
2 cloves organic garlic, diced very finely
¼ tsp. unrefined salt
1 ½ cups Balkan style or Greek style yogurt
1 tsp. organic Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. chopped green onion tops or chives
Optional: fresh ground black pepper or dash of cayenne
1. Saute onions and garlic in the oil in large saucepan over low heat for 30 minutes, until soft and carmelized.
2. Set aside to cool.
3. In a medium size bowl, place remaining ingredients and combine.
4. Add the cooled onion mixture to the yogurt mixture and combine.
5. Season with pepper, cayenne or more salt if desired.
6. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Great with crackers, vegetables, or corn chips.
A great dip to send to school in kids lunches! Or use it next time you travel! (remember the freezer pak)
A variation of this recipe was given to me by a friend. I have changed several things, and really like the end result.
Author, Speaker & Registered Nutritional Consultant