Try these quick tasty little morsels today! I like to use an Asian peanut dipping sauce with them.
chicken or turkey breast
raw whole hazelnuts
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Cut chicken or turkey into approximately 1 ½ chunks.
3. Gently melt enough coconut oil in a medium saucepan to coat the chicken or turkey pieces.
4. Grind hazelnuts in a Magic Bullet, coffee grinder or blender to make a flour. Use one cup to begin with or with whatever amount your appliance works best. Repeat with subsequent batches, depending on the amount of chicken you have.
5. Place the chunks in the oil and stir to coat evenly with oil.
6. Place ground nuts in a flat plate and add garlic powder to taste and combine.
7. Dredge chunks with nut mixture and place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
8. Bake at 400 F. for 15 minutes or until centre of chunks are no longer pink.
Serve these with oven fries, a large green salad, and dipping sauce of your choice. Great leftover for lunches as well.
Author, Speaker & Registered Nutritional Consultant