Well, I’m back!! Thank you for joining me yet again.
Recently I made this incredible treat that I want to share with you. It contains the very nutritious avocado as well as cacao, high in anti-oxidants.
Healthy, satisfying and wonderful! You can hide these in your kid’s lunchbox and they won’t know they are eating avocados! Roll them in ground sunflower seeds for a nut free version.
2 ripe avocados
4 tbsp. Coconut sugar
1 tbsp. Raw cacao powder
1 tbsp. Dried mint leaves (or more to taste)
2 tsp. Dried organic orange zest (or more to taste)
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/2 cup melted organic dark cacao baking chocolate (1/2 box or 100 grams Camino unsweetened)
1/4 cup shelled raw pistachios, ground to a nutty flour in the Nutri bullet or coffee grinder
1. In food processor or Nutri bullet, combine chopped avocado flesh, sugar, cacao powder, mint, orange zest and vanilla. Pulse to combine.
2. Add melted chocolate and pulse again until smooth.
3. Place container in fridge for a couple of hours to firm up and then remove and form into about 1″ balls. If mixture is too stiff, just allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
4. Roll balls in ground pistachio and place on parchment paper on a plate in the fridge.
5. When cooled, store in a glass covered container in the fridge for several days, if there are any left! Or freeze them for treats.
-adapted from a recipe in Alive Feb. 2015.
After many months of renovations, I am cooking again, and taking some time to treat myself with healthy recipes. I had this with breakfast today!! Enjoy.