Enjoy this decadent treat by using high quality ingredients! Purchase some 100% sprouted English Muffins (e.g. Ezekiel) or whole grain muffins, and serve Eggs Benedict for that special brunch.
In addition to the traditional Eggs Benedict, I like to gently sauté egg whites, then place on a bed of steamed Swiss chard or spinach and pour a portion of this sauce over all for breakfast or lunch.
6 organic egg yolks
1 cup melted organic butter or ghee for dairy-free
½ tsp. dry mustard
½ tsp. unrefined sea salt
4 tbsp. organic lemon juice
- Place egg yolks, mustard, salt and lemon juice in a blender or magic bullet, and blend briefly.
- Add 1/3 of the melted butter and blend briefly again.
- Add another 1/3 (approximately) and blend briefly.
- Add last 1/3 of melted butter and blend briefly.
- Pour into a small saucepan and gently heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Keep in a sealed glass container in the fridge.
- To use, reheat amount desired in a small saucepan very gently, adding a few drops of water if necessary for desired consistency.
A reminder that all five books are on sale for the Christmas season, and all contain many recipes made with whole, unprocessed foods, wonderful for building the immune system and healing the body.
Til next time, cook something healthy!